Wednesday, November 24, 2004

bADMINTON gALORE

Phenomenon!!! That’s the exact word for this sport – badminton. Pano ba naman parang mga kabuteng nagsulputan ang mga badminton courts d2 sa Metro Manila and even in provinces. Para ciang isang virus na hinawaan ang halos lahat ng tao, at isa na ko sa mga un. There’s no age limit in this sport, young and the not so young can enjoy it. Modesty aside, I can say that I have a grip in this sport. Sa totoo lng table tennis talaga ang nilalaro ko nung highschool, I really love that sport. But what’s the difference between the two, both are played using racquet. Except that the latter is played in a table.

As I travel to go to office (for my internship) or school (every sat.) I won’t be surprised if I will see people bringing badminton racquet with them. Malamang after office maglalaro yan o cgro bago pa lng pumunta ng office nglaro n yan..hehe.. Cgro sa iba sasabihin luho lng ‘to (racquet price starts from 300 to thousands plus court rental 180-350/hr/court and etc..etc).. luho nga…hehe…

Sometimes naiicp ko nga medyo mgastos cia.. pro iba ung satisfaction na nkukuha m pag nglalaro ka n. All you know is happy ka habang nglalaro lalo n pag mgaling din ung kalaro m..(nkakachallengeÜ). Pero cempre masaya pag kalaro m ung mga frens m…bonding tym..hehe. When I play or khit san nmn n ginagawa k na gs2 ko I feel a sense of belonging..parang I found a place kung san dapat ako..naeexpress ko ung tunay na ako..bsta ang msasabi ko lng try ño ang game n 2..mag-eenjoy kau, basta my raketa at shuttle cock ayos n un…khit sa kalsada ayos n un..hehe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After much research and playing multiple sports over decades all over the world, I see racket sports as truly intriguing. There are so many in existence and among them one regularly comes out on top. Badminton! I believe it spawned the combination sport of Racketlon, a great concept. Racketlon was spanwned in turn by the World Rackets Championship back in the eighties, I believe.
The more I think about it the harder I find it is not to make this very reasonable connection between them. Another sport Badminton spawned in a way is Pickleball, a miniature Tennis type sport played on a Badminton court. It combines the skills used in Tennis, Badminton and Table Tennis (ping pong) to make for a curiously interesting sport unto itself. It's growing popularity defies explanation and although introduced for older people has now taken on a very competitive high speed intensity mixed with subtle drop shots and lobs that make it enjoyable to play as well as watch for people of all ages. The growth is exponential to say the least and it appeals to people of all levels. It can therefore be played recreationally as well as competitively, like Badminton has been played for decades on end.